Happy New Year and we hope 2024 is treating you well so far!
The beginning of the year is a great time to look forward and plan for the upcoming 12 months. Like last year, we’re going to put this in the hands of a few of our team members and ask them to share their hopes and aspirations, both professional and personal, for 2024. We hope you enjoy finding out more about Emeline, Bishap and Dan and what they are going to be working towards over the coming year.
Personally, I’d like to go back to the gym. I know getting fit is a common new year’s resolution, but I’m really keen that this is not just for January, and I’ve already got a gym subscription! My aim is to get back to the level of physical activity I had in 2022, which was between 3 and 5 sessions a week – it’s been close to zero since mid-2023.
In addition, I’m really hoping that the next year will be a bit quieter in terms of the ups and downs that my kids and house will have compared to 2023, especially as 2024 will mark the end of the important school studies (Bac and BTS NDRC) of my two eldest children.
I’ve also got a few goals that are both personal but will be a huge plus professionally, and which I’ve already started in 2023. I’ve taken an introduction and advanced training course in agile methods, achieving two certifications that I’d like to complete with the PSM1 first, and the PSPO1 as soon as I feel ready.
Professionally, (and more broadly than my own work at Walpole Partnership) I’m hoping that 2024 is a better year for businesses and individuals. It’s no secret that 2023 has not been a year of prosperity, and many projects have been put on hold. Let’s hope that 2024 is more favourable than its predecessor and that some of these projects are started again. There are a few digitalisation projects using CPQ solutions (Walpole’s area of expertise) that we’ve had the opportunity to work on in the past that I would very much like to support again in the future. In addition, I’m looking forward to continuing to work with those customers with whom we have a special relationship of trust and with whom I offer my very best wishes for the success and evolution/enhancement of their current solution!
#WeAreWalpole and we are here for you.
I’m very much looking forward to 2024 and have the following resolutions for the year ahead:
- I’d like to consider learning a new skill such as implementing more features in Oracle CPQ or other technologies like integration or blockchain. Enhancing my expertise is something I’m hoping to develop over the next year.
- In 2024 I’m keen to travel to new places to explore different cultures and environments, which will broaden my horizons and offer new ways of seeing things.
- Prioritising my physical health is also a key aim of 2024 and I’m hoping to do this by adopting healthier habits such as regular exercise, a more balanced diet, and adequate sleep to improve my overall well-being.
- Making more time for loved ones is my final resolution for this coming year – building stronger relationships and creating lasting memories with the people who matter is really important me.
I will be 49 in February, so I’ll be entering my 50th year! I have a few hopes and aspirations from both a professional and personal point of view, some of which are more achievable than others!
From a professional perspective, I want to build on the progress I’ve made in 2023 on various fronts:
- Walpole Partnership continues to grow in a sustainable way, despite challenging circumstances in the second half of 2023. I want to continue to be an integral part of this growth, to further develop as a manager, to support my colleagues to the best of my ability and to make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
- I would like to continue to assist increasing the number of Walpole customers using Elfsquad technology by 300%. In my opinion this is achievable because we now have the experience with the Elfsquad platform, and we have built (and continue to develop) a very strong relationship with the Elfsquad organisation.
- Walpole is working to establish new strategic partnerships both within our traditional quote-to-order niche and with a view to extending our offering to cover the full breadth of the opportunity-to-cash journey. I aim to continue to be a significant part of this development and look forward to delivering high-value-add consultancy and to completing more exciting projects with our valued customers.
On a personal level I have several aspirations for 2024:
- I plan to complete the Kirkpatrick C2C challenge. This will be my first multi-day cycling trip. It takes in 250 miles over 4 days, from Stranraer in Dumfries and Galloway to Eyemouth in Berwickshire. During this, I hope to raise lots of money for Alzheimer’s UK, a cause which is close to my heart, as my dad is suffering from Dementia.
- Further to this, and continuing the cycling theme, in 2022 I successfully completed the Cycling Weekly 5000-mile challenge. Does exactly what it says on the tin – cycle 5000 miles (including indoor and outdoor, quite important where I live, on the west coast of Scotland!) – I have been a bit down on this number in 2023, but I will once again attempt to achieve this in 2024
- If the above allows, I’d like to do a bit more gardening! This is never at the top of my list, but I value our green spaces and would like to improve our garden. Maybe even get a greenhouse and grow some more tomatoes!!!
- My children are rapidly progressing through their senior school, and I want to be the best dad I can be and to support them as much as possible. This may involve ‘turning off’ from work a little more in 2024 and putting my phone down sometimes!!!
- Finally, we’ve been talking about making some structural alterations to our house for several years. I’d like to finally (at least!) make a start on this project! I’m not going to commit on this one however as it’s a long running ‘Lord of the Rings’ style saga!
If you want to find out the job roles of any of the employees mentioned above or want to know more about them, then head over to our Team page.