If you are an existing Oracle Cloud CPQ user and you wish to stay aligned with the core Oracle Roadmap, then now is a perfect time to upgrade your system by implementing BOM (Bill of Materials) Mapping and System Configuration. The benefits of doing so are numerous as outlined here:
- Simplified UI (User Interface) requiring less user interaction to complete your Quote
- System performance is protected by only triggering controlled rules
- Changes in your underlying OEBS are easily reflected in CPQ
- Dual maintenance is significantly reduced, allowing your team to focus on forward-thinking enhancements
- Data integrity and consistency are much improved
- Implementation time is minimised
- BOM Mapping supports a stand-alone, data-driven, Sales BOM.
Walpole Partnership has recently completed a successful migration to BOM Mapping with Sys Config for one of our customers, Elekta, where the CPQ configurator is very much at the heart of their sales process for radiation therapy treatment solutions. You can read all about here.
Howard Millington, Director for Global Marketing Commercialization Operations and Technology at Elekta, said:
“Supporting our CPQ solution in house, we were sceptical to work with a consultant to implement BOM Mapping and System Configuration in a high priority project, but Walpole’s structured partnership approach gave me the confidence for us to launch new techniques to work in alignment with our global solution, on time and under budget.”
If you’d like to talk about upgrading your Oracle CPQ system, please contact us for a discussion and demo.